SILability was designed by functional safety experts with many years of experience of performing large,
complex SIL verifications. Designed to make it easy to perform large SIL verification projects with the
minimum of effort, SILability offers a wealth of convenient features not commonly found in competing products.
Click on the images below to enlarge.
SIF list export
A nicely formatted list of SIFs can now be exported to Excel, ready to paste into a SIL verification report.
Instantly generates Excel report
Produces a comprehensive and attractive report as an .xlsx file, pre-formatted to paste directly
into your SIL verification report. No post-editing is required.
Comments fields everywhere
Every input parameter and setting can take associated comments, which show clearly in the report.
Choose units of measure
Supports multiple units of measure effortlessly, even within a single project. Failure rates in FIT?
Proof test interval in months? No problem.
Powerful data check function
One click runs a battery of checks on your input data, looking for inconsistencies, unexpected values,
and abnormal settings. This helps minimise the chances of input errors.
Comprehensive software support
SILability has an extensive user guide and accessible customer support.
And that’s not all...
SILability boasts even more functions to help you work quickly and accurately:
• Full undo and redo for every edit to the dataset.
• Build up a complex SIF as a collection of sub-SIFs. Calculation results are transferred
automatically from the sub-SIFs to the parent SIF.
• Rearrange the order of SIFs easily in SIF list view, to match other project documents
• Copy components, groups and subsystems from one SIF to another in a few clicks.
• Switch off empty subsystems in one click. No need to add dummy components or zero failure rates.
• Set a different mission time (useful lifetime) for each group of components. No need
to force the same mission time across the whole SIF.
• 4 different architectural constraints (AC) models are supported, including the latest 2016
version of IEC 61511.
• Supports 1oo2 architecture for single components - making it easy to model redundant solenoids and
switch contacts correctly.
• Supports low demand, high demand and continuous mode of operation.
• When data is missing, SILability shows a clear message with a “Show me” button. Click
the button to jump directly to the missing data field.
• Want to make trial changes to your SIFs? Switch to sandbox mode. After completing your trial,
cancel sandbox mode and your whole project will revert to its previous state. No need to worry about
inadvertently damaging your dataset.
• Edit status function - provides you with an easy way to check that an exported report matches the latest
dataset in the project.
• Autosaves your project and your database. You need never lose your work again.
• Simple, reliable online licensing. No need for a hardware dongle.